Friday, October 19, 2012

don't postpone joy.

I.am.exhausted.  This week was overwhelming. I wish I could enjoy the weekend but I have so much work to do and I just want to crawl under my desk and forget all about everything except dust bunnies. I'm sleepy, the weather here is weird, I miss Mat, and the internet is acting up, thus robbing me of my Friday tradition of watching all Thursday night shows on Hulu uninterrupted. And for these reasons, I am choosing the following reasons to be happy:
- just finished 5th week of school! that means I'm starting the 6th, which means I'm halfway through my first semester!
- the baby pigeons outside my window are getting older and will soon fly the coop and I won't have to hear their incessant squawking anymore!
- I went to Trader Joe's today and bought canned pumpkin and am gonna make all kinds of pumpkin smoothies!
- I found a super awesome mermaid mug in my cabinet and it's really pretty and it's my new coffee/tea mug, so I'm no longer stealing Carey's Georgetown and St. John's "I have two degrees in fancy" mugs!

Also, I really appreciate the man that stands outside my subway stop in the morning handing out the daily free paper.  He's always wearing a nice suit and hat, and always smiling. No matter what you're doing, look good and smile.

No comments: